- SAMM LABOUR MIGRATION MEDIA COMPETITION
- Strengthening the Judicial Response to Human Trafficking and Smuggling of Migrants: JUDICIAL COLLOQUIUM
- Draft Law Proposes Compensation for Victims of Trafficking in Mozambique
- Regional Case Digest for Southern Africa Assists Judicial Officers to Prosecute Suspected Traffickers
- Human Trafficking: Prevalent in Public Discussions but Not in the Courts
- Human Trafficking: Prevalent in Public Discussions But Not in the Courts
- OPINION: Social media makes it easier for human traffickers to ensnare victims
- Iconic School Hosts World Day Against Trafficking Event in SA
- Southern Africa Migration Management (SAMM) Project Scholarships offered to obtain the “Diploma for Labour Migration Experts and Practitioners”
- UNODC launches a Trafficking in Persons Handbook for Judicial Officers in South Africa
Migration today is largely linked to the search for a job and better wages. Even if employment is not the primary driver, it usually features in the migration process at some point. Thus the importance of involving World of Work actors (Ministries of Labour, workers and employers’ organisations) and labour market institutions in fostering fair and effective labour migration governance, overall.
Mixed migration refers to complex migratory population movements that include refugees, asylum seekers, victims of trafficking, migrant workers and other migrants, as opposed to migratory population movements that consist entirely of one category of individuals. The mixed nature of these movements, consisting of different groups of migrants with differing motivations to travel and different protection needs, makes it necessary to put in place migration policies, legislation and referral mechanisms that respond to individual needs.
To improve migration management in the Southern Africa and Indian Ocean region guided by, and contributing to, the realisation of the 2030 Development Agenda (goals 8 and 10).
SAMM LABOUR MIGRATION MEDIA COMPETITIONRead More →
Strengthening the Judicial Response to Human Trafficking and Smuggling of Migrants: JUDICIAL COLLOQUIUMRead More →
Draft Law Proposes Compensation for Victims of Trafficking in MozambiqueRead More →
Regional Case Digest for Southern Africa Assists Judicial Officers to Prosecute Suspected TraffickersRead More →